Karma or More?

She has been diagnosed with Typhoid. The fever has been there on and off for a week now. She has been coming to work, assuming that its just some flu that she caught in the tropical heat, but it is not. I am glad that it has been diagnosed now and she is getting right treatment.

She took leave for 2 days and today she came in. As per the treatment, she has to get injected in veins morning and evening for 3 days. Having personally been a victim of the disease earlier this year, that took good 3 weeks and 10+ days of injection in veins twice every day, I can empathize. 

But do I empathize because I have dealt with it? I do not know, and not why I am writing either. 

I asked her to rest more when she came in today. She shared that while few of the people that she works for are considerate, others do not allow her the leave. I asked her to take a leave without pay to which her reaction told me that money was important. It is to everyone. I am not getting into depth of importance because it is immaterial to the purpose of this writing.

For me, she does the cleaning and washes utensils. I am not writing about how it fits in my routine, because that also is not relevant to the purpose of this writing.

The painful process of recovery from typhoid makes me wonder about the privilege that I am allowed from both my employer in terms of leave and from my family in terms of unfailing support system. But that again is not the purpose of this writing.

What is the purpose?

She was due to come in the evening, but I completed the chores myself and when she came in, I asked her to rest more and don't worry about the work that she helps me with for few more days.That's the least I can do, I think.  

An output of my experiences, one part of me says that she could really be screwing me over for leaves. And of course that could be true. How am I to know?

But that is her Karma, not mine. Should I worry about hers? I really do not have the time.

I really do appreciate her help, work, diligence, & time-management, because the day she comes in at 7:05 am instead of 7:00, she notices & mentions her own botheration at being late. (Lord bless corporate with more people such as her).

In that appreciation & because I have the time to empathize, I'll worry about my Karma for the time being. Hope you do too. :-)



Comments

Popular Posts