#simple mind #simpler life

Interiors of Ambala, narrow lanes, and oldest halvayis of city. So, my brother and I are standing in queue to buy what I call 'World's best ghevar'. In my sole experience of ghevar purchase earlier, approximately a year ago, I spent 2 hours there. So, 30 minutes today, a breeze!

I place my order for 6 ghevars, (not even one for myself, but for people from various cities who ask for it), and ask bhaiya (read vendor) for 'maalpuda' (a sweet dish often made during rains). He replies by saying that they are not ready to sell those in the morning, and I could get them at around 4 p.m. Disappointingly, I look at my brother, "yarrrr.."

Bhaiya continues to say that I could get them at another vendor few steps ahead, and explains the exact location to my brother. I ask him if those would be as good as the ones that bhaiya serves, and he reassures me saying that the other fellow has just started a new business and he must be serving good food. 

Well, that's about it. In my 3+ years as a corporate trainer, I have seen, and myself propagated the idea of  synergizing (a term I first came across in Stephen Covey's book), and not one participant, I believe, takes back this learning, because the world is way too competitive for that, or so we believe. And here, in a small city, I see and meet people with bigger hearts. A heart to let me to give his business for one-time (risk for a lifetime) to the other vendor, because that is in 'my', not 'his', best interest. 

What does it take for him to say that? That is for you to think.

I am off to relish yet another amazing delicacy of my city, hot pooris with some aloo-chole-chatni-pickle. Next time you are here, I will be more than happy to take you too. 

#simplemind #simplerlife

:) 

Comments

Popular Posts