Diaries of Disappointment (Speechless)

I saw her jeans, torn at knee, red by the edges. Shocked and worried, I asked, 'This jeans...what? How? When?, Why did you come to pick me then? Why did not you stay home?' 

She knows me too well and hence let me complete what I had to say and then narrated the incident/accident that happened on her way to my office. While she was standing at a red light, waiting for it to go green, something hit my friend's two-wheeler from back who fell and injured her knee. She looked back to find that it was an old woman, probably in her sixties,driving a swift and had put her foot on the brake few seconds later than she should have. 

While she was really mad, her anger subsided when she saw the lady. Though common sense, manners, guilt and courtesy all demanded an apology, none came! Instead what came was , 'Pick up the scooter and move.', in an instructive manner. and my dear friend did as she was instructed.

Its been weeks that this happened but my anger has not died down.  

Comments

Popular Posts