Barter - Chapter 3

Scene 1

He: I have had a troubled past. How can I trust someone whom I don’t even know? The last person whom I trusted left me in a mess. I don’t think I will ever be ready for this. Plus I am enjoying my loneliness. I am happy with it.

His friend: Yaar sab aise hi karte hai. Don’t worry, it’s not as difficult as you think it is.
Do you plan to spend your life alone? Working and spending weekends at your NGO? All of us are getting married, you will be left alone. Everyone will get busy.
Meet her, you might just like her. She is educated, working and beautiful. What else would anyone want? Trust me, everyone needs someone.

He: Guess so. Makes sense!

Scene 2

She: I don’t know if I am ready for it at the moment. There are so many things to achieve, so many dreams to fulfil. I want to go abroad and explore life. I don’t want to get married. Next it will be: “Start a family”. I am just not ready.

Her friend: Yahan aisse hi hota hai. India hai ye.
You will get used to it. And forget the abroad thing. No boy would change his career plan to accommodate his better half, so why even think about it? Meet him, you will like him. He is educated and comes from a good family. You will eventually fall for him.

She: May be..Hope so!

Barter it is.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts